International InteriCAD Interior Designer Awards or better known IIDA is back for 2012!
I have heard of this prestigious professional interior design award in Malaysia through my sister-in-law as she is working in this field. Her current company had won a few awards in last year's 7th IIDA. She and her colleagues are getting excited to this year's awards. Good luck!
Alright, let's get back to this IIDA’s 8th International InteriCAD Interior Designer Awards press conference.
On Thursday afternoon, guests and members of the media gathered at Bistro 42, Bangsar Village 2 to witness the announcement of IIDA’s 8th International InteriCAD Interior Designer Awards that will culminate in a coronation ceremony of its winners at the finale in December.
The press conference started with emcee Xavier Mah delivered the welcoming note to the congregation that has seen an unprecedented growth spurt in the design typology in the last decade. The baton is gradually being passed from the old guards to the young. The credit crunch of recent years might have caused considerable traction for the industry, but thankfully being more cautious doesn’t mean being less creative.
Opening ceremony and Multimedia video presentation before the Tête-À-Tête Session starts.
International InteriCAD Interior Design Award (IIDA):
- IIDA is a professional interior design award that aims to provide a world class platform to recognize and award outstanding designers, acknowledge design excellence, encourage innovation, new ideas and techniques within the interior design industry.
- In the past 7 years, IIDA has successfully grown to be one of the prestigious awards in the Malaysia interior design industry.
- Moving more aggressively with its aim, the award has reached to a greater height by involving more countries to participate since last year, namely, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Poland, Spain, South Africa, Denmark, Dubai, and Saudi Arabia.
- IIDA is endorsed by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, Malaysia (MOSTI) and Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water, Malaysia (KeTTHA), and supported by Malaysia Green Building Confederation (MGBC).
The Tête-À-Tête Session begins......
From L-R: Veronica Lee, Vice Organizing Chairman of IIDA 2012, Jeff Ng, Organizing Chairman of IIDA 2012 and Xavier Mah.
Boasting a collective of completed works from residential, retail, corporate office, hospitality & recreation, public institution and public space categories; finalists from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippine, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Poland, Spain, South Africa, Denmark, Dubai and Saudi Arabia would soon be able to showcase their melange of creative efforts in a much applauded setting that seeks to cultivate and nurture interior designers from across the region with spectacular results.
Jeff Ng, organizing chairman of the IIDA reiterated TS Exim’s effort in establishing a world class platform in recognition of talented interior designers in Malaysia that eventually grown into a one of the most prestigious international interior design awards for the past seven years – rewarding outstanding designers, acknowledging design excellence and encouraging innovation and new ideas along the way.
This year also highlights Special Awards Categories presented by IIDA sponsors including:
- Best InteriCAD 3D Award
- Best Lighting Award
- Go Green Lighting Award
- Best Colour Award
- Best Kitchen Design Award
- Best Laminate Flooring Award
- Best Tiles Application Award
- Wallpaper Application Award.
Details of the above awards HERE
These encourage creative and innovative application of respective sponsors’ products and materials, while enhancing respective brand awareness among designers’ community.
The organizer also highlight the Top Rising Star Designer Award in recognition of outstanding young designers:
- age 30 years old and below
- who have shown innovation in their application of existing techniques
1st row: Lew Shu Ni, Veronica Lee, Caron Yeong & Jason Tan
2nd row: Low Chin Guan Jeff Ng, Alvin Yong, Zahari Mahfuz
(Alfo Group - Mr. Alvin Yong Pong Hoong, Marketing Manager of Alfo Group
Mr. Paint Man - En. Zahari Mahfuz, Executive Chairman of Mr. Paint Man
Inovar - Mr. Jason Tan Chwee Keat, Executive Director of Inovar Resouces
Niro - Mr. Low Chin Guan, General Manager – Sales Domestic of Niro Sales & Services
Fotile Marketing - Ms. Caron Yeong, Assistant Marketing Manager of Fotile Marketing
Korea Wallpaper - Ms. Lew Shu Ni, Representative from Korea Wallpaper)
With RM50,000 worth of cash prizes at stake, IIDA 2012 is calling for submissions until the end of September.
And finally, with a masterstroke to end the festivities, group photo opportunities and a lucky draw session was conducted in appreciation for all those who attended the event.
A photo of me with Xavier.