Friday, November 18, 2011

JustNorahs Interview with King Of Comedy Asia 2, Paul Ogata

I was so happy to have a chance to do an email interview with  Paul Ogata, the Funniest Asian-American Comedian in the U.S. 
Paul Ogata is one of the "King" for "Kings and Queen of Comedy Asia 2" on  18 & 19 November 2011 at the Plenary Hall, KLCC.
This photo was taken during the "Kings and Queen of Comedy Asia 2" Press Conference on November 15.


Q:  Tell us a little about your upcoming performance at Kings and Queen of Comedy Asia? What can Malaysians look forward to? 

It's been an action-packed year, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. As the late Gorilla Monsoon from WWE used to say, "It's going to be a knock-down, drag-out Pier 6 brawl. A real donnybrook and slobber-knocker! Good night, Irene. That's all she wrote!" Except with fart jokes.

Q: What is your biggest inspiration / your biggest motivator in your career as a comedian/ actors/ actress?
I watch videos of previous performances, some from when I first started. They make me cringe and want to do better. I should really try this in the bedroom, too.
Q: Are you a naturally funny person in everyday life, offstage?
My wife says "no."

Q: What's next for you after the Kings and Queen of Comedy Asia? 
I'll be continuing my world tour with stops in South Korea and South Africa. But first up is a stop in Las Vegas. Or "South Nevada", to keep up with the theme.

Q:  If any of your fans were interested in trying to be a comedian, where would you recommend and how they can begin?

Don't start with comedy right away. Work your way up to completely disappointing your parents. But if you must, get to any and every open mic you can. The only way to do it is to do it, and often. I know guys who would get up at movie theaters before the film starts to try their material on a captive crowd.

Q: Would you like to send a message to your Malaysian fans?

 
You guys were awesome the last time I was there, and some of the best crowds I've ever had, anywhere. Can't wait to do it all over again. Also, can I borrow some money?

I'm very excited as I'm going to watch the show tonight! :)

"Kings and Queen of Comedy Asia 2"
Venue: Plenary Hall, KLCC
Date: 18th and 19th of November 2011
Show time: 8.30 pm – 11.00 pm (2.5 hours)
Tickets: RM 88, RM 128, RM 198, RM 298
For tickets purchasing, here
Visit Facebook Event Page for more info.

1 comments:

Georgie said...

Quote Ogata: His "family tree is a bonsai!! LOL

Post a Comment