Parker ball pen was the 1st pen me and my siblings gave to our beloved daddy as Father's Day present. I still remembered my dad love that Parker pen very much. When I was in high school, I had received a Parker pen as my birthday pen and I name it as my "lucky pen" for exams. :)
Recently, I was invited to attend the Parker Ingenuity Launch @Suria KLCC.
During this launch, the invited media and guests were amongst the first to discover the next generation in pens with Ms. Odile Garcia, Senior Marketing Manager of Parker/Newell Rubbermaid. She came all the way from Hong Kong to launch the Parker’s newest release, the Ingenuity Collection with Parker 5th Technology.
Ms. Odile Garcia shared with us the history of pens and Parker’s 120 years of innovations and technology, evolution of the brand over the years and of course the new parker Ingenuity collection (Daring & Classic Collections) and the 5th technology.
Let's start with the history of PARKER.
PARKER has established itself as a pioneer in the fine writing field in both technology and design since 1888.
Born out part-time salesman George Parker’s yearning for more reliable pen,PARKER’s consumer research-based technological breakthrough and tireless innovation have transformed the industry time and time again.
After 120 years of bringing innovation to the fine writing category, PARKER is making history again.
The innovation consists of a cutting-edge refill tip and an engraved metallic hood – together they constitute Parker 5TH Technology, the next generation in pens.
The breakthrough Parker 5TH Technology features a flexible writing tip designed to interact with the engraved metallic hood. This new innovation creates an unparalleled writing experience featuring an effortlessly smooth, smart gliding feeling. The unique tip adjusts to your own writing style in just a few words producing pleasurable and beautiful penmanship.
- Smart glide tip rapidly adjusts to your personal writing style after writing just a few words
- A simple, clean refill process
- Ink is designed to produce an intense, clear rendering and prevent hand-smudging on the page
- Parker 5TH refill design eliminates pressure, impact, and temperature-induced ink leaks
- Refill tip is designed to maximize cap-off time
- Available in Medium size and Black ink
After the sharing session with Ms. Odile Garcia, we were invited to visit the Parker Ingenuity Pop Up Retail.
The Parker Ingenuity Pop Up Retail @KLCC.
The Parker Ingenuity Collection
- The new writing system from PARKER which is not only a technological breakthrough
- it is also a must-have example of contemporary accessory design.
- has been created for exclusive use with the Parker 5TH Technology
- have unparalleled style and elegance makes this writing system the ultimate accessory for today’s stylish man and woman.
- which comes in two sizes, bold large and elegant slim, draws design inspiration from the latest premium trends.
- The daring mix of Metal and texturized soft-touch Rubber effect with ring detailing offers a breakthrough pen design that references the latest trend in the prestigious watch industry.
- The subtle and feminine iridescent Pearl Lacquer finish echoes themes from luxury jewellery this season.
- Whilst the sandblasted deep metallic Pink Gold PVD* finish is inspired by the latest looks in high-end cosmetic trends.
- Other up-to-the-minute designs in the collection include a bold and sleek Chrome PVD* finish as well as classic and timeless Black Lacquer. (* PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) is an ultra-resistant coating process revealing underlying texture while providing color and luster. It is used in top luxury or technology industries like the watch, the glasses or the phone industry.)
Let me present to you the 12-piece Parker Ingenuity Collection!
1.) The Parker Ingenuity Daring Collection
The Parker Ingenuity Daring Collection – Large models draws design inspiration from the latest luxury trends. The daring mix of Metal and texturized soft-touch Rubber effect offers a breakthrough pen design that references the prestigious watch industry; meanwhile the sleek Chrome PVD* provides an up-to-the-minute trendy design.
The Parker Ingenuity Daring Collection – Slim models is available in texturized, soft-touch Rubber effect finishes for a prestigious feeling and uncommon design. The subtle and feminine iridescent Pearl Lacquer finish echoes themes from luxury jewellery this season. Whilst the sandblasted deep metallic Pink Gold PVD* finish is inspired by the latest looks in high-end cosmetic trends.
2.) The Parker Ingenuity Classic Collection
The Parker Ingenuity Classic Collection – Large and Slim models provides an elegant look with either Chrome or Gold Trims. The retail price for Parker Ingenuity – Black Lacquer CT & GT, Large or Slim is RM570.
ZhengNorahs trying out one of the Parker pen from Parker Ingenuity Collection.
Ms. Odile Garcia, Senior Marketing Manager of Parker/Newell Rubbermaid.
Ms. Odile Garcia with team from Parker Malaysia and Singapore.
For further information please visit